WHAT IS A VA-GUARANTEED FLORIDA MANUFACTURED HOME LOAN? Much like the Florida FHA government guarantee The VA mortgage guarantees Florida manufactured home loans are made by private Florida VA mortgage lenders. The VA manufactured home loan guaranty means that VA will protect the Florida VA mortgage lenders against loss if the veteran or a Florida manufactured home owner fails to repay the VA manufactured home Florida loan. The amount VA will guarantee is 40 percent of the VA Florida VA manufactured home loan amount or the veteran's available entitlement, up to a maximum amount of $20,000. The Florida VA manufactured home loan guaranty amount is not the same as the amount a veteran can borrow.
HOW IS FLORIDA VA MANUFACTRUED HOME LOAN ELIGIBILITY DETERMINED? A Florida veteran may request a Certificate of Eligibility from the nearest Florida VA regional office. This request should be made on VA Form 26-1880, Request for Determination of Eligibility and Available Florida VA Loan Guaranty Entitlement, and accompanied by the discharge or separation papers form DD214, or evidence of current active duty status.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR A FLORIDA VA MANUFACTURED HOME LOAN? All Florida veterans with sufficient qualifying service subsequent to September 15, 1940, including service in the Selective Reserve, and active duty Florida VA service personnel who have served continuously for at least 90 days are eligible for Florida VA manufactured home loans. When an ending date is set for the Persian Gulf War, those who enter on active duty after that date must complete more than 180 days of continuous active duty. Additional details are contained in VA Form 26-1880, Request for Determination of Eligibility and Florida VA Loan Guaranty Entitlement; VA Pamphlet 26-4, Florida VA loan Guaranteed Florida VA Home Loans for Veterans; or may be obtained by contacting the nearest Florida VA regional office or center.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR VA LOAN APPROVAL? To obtain a bad credit Florida VA manufactured home loan, the VA loan requirements are that:
- The Florida VA loan must be for an eligible purpose;
- You must have a sufficient credit payment record
- You must be an eligible Florida veteran who has available VA home loan entitlement;
- You must intend to occupy the Florida home within a reasonable period of time after closing the loan;
- Florida VA loan applicants have enough income to meet the payments on the Florida VA loan, cover the costs of owning a Florida home, and cover of other monthly obligations and expenses, and still have enough income left over for family support including a spouse's income is considered in the same manner as the VA applicants.
WHAT IS THE MAXIMUM MANUFACTURED LOAN AMOUNT A VETERAN MAY BORROW? The maximum VA loan amount for a Florida manufactured home loan is the lesser of:
- 95 percent of the purchase price of the property securing the Florida VA home loan, plus the VA funding fee, or
- Determination of the Florida manufactured home loan invoice cost, plus or minus the cost of any items added or removed by the Florida manufactured home loan dealer, plus certain other costs plus the Florida VA manufactured home loan funding fee.
- The maximum VA manufactured home loan amount for a used Florida manufactured home loan or a lot and/or necessary site preparation is determined by Florida VA appraisal.
Additional information on maximum Florida VA loan amounts may be obtained from the nearest Florida VA manufactured home loan regional office or center.